Becoming a volunteer in a foreign country is not for everybody. It requires a certain kind of person that is willing to freely give of themselves and share their experience and training to help improve the lives of less fortunate. However, more and more students are making the choice to do this which is fantastic to hear that there are so many generous souls out there. There has been a steady increase of applications by people willing to volunteer in South Africa. South Africa is very popular with students wanting to complete internships and well meaning individuals offering to volunteer and participate in the programmes and projects being managed by NGO’s and non profit organizations in the country.
Cape Town is a popular choice for many, possibly because of its beauty, the nature, the mountains, the merging of the majestic Atlantic and Indian oceans, the weather….the wine ?? African Sunrsie volunteers is a volunteer and intern placement agency that specializes in assisting applicants from abroad in finding the ideal placement for them. African Sunrise assists their volunteers and interns by providing them with safe, comfortable and secure accommodation whilst staying in Cape Town. Where African Sunrise is really good, is placing volunteers and interns in the best suited programmes for their individual skill sets. If you have studied psychology or are interested in psychology, you will be placed in a programme that best utilizes your training or your passion. If you have studied Social Work, you will be placed in a project or outreach programme that puts your skills or enthusiasm to best use. This is a win/win situation for both the volunteer/intern and the programme. The volunteer or intern gets valuable first hand experience in the field they have studied or are interested in and the programmes are boosted by the additional manpower and enthusiasm. Looking over the information on the African Sunrise Volunteers website, it appears that they can even offer volunteers and internships in programmes where people with photography or computer coding skills can be utilized.
African Sunrise Volunteers have a minimum admission duration of 3 months for a set fee. This covers :
- Accommodation for the duration of your stay
- Project placement at project that utilizes your interest or training
- A mentor assigned to be with you at your project
- An Introduction Day where everybody gets to socialize and have some fun
- AN excursion to Cape Point Nature Reserve and the penguin sanctuary at Boulders Beach
- A donation to project you are working an as a direct result of your efforts
- A registered sim card to use in South Africa, making it easier to stay in contact
- The details of the contact person at African Sunrise who is available 24 hours a day to assist you
- Help with organizing your Visa papers if would like to stay more than 3 months
African Sunrise Volunteers is the real deal, providing quality assistance for their clients and channeling their enthusiasm through into the projects that can benefit from their input.