Africa remains largely a mystery for many of our European students looking for more information reading studies and online answers to how to gain more knowledge about the mysterious continent. With all the requests we have had we decided to write a brief synopsis for all those university students looking for answers online to questions about Zanzibar in Tanzania for starters.
Have you ever wondered what the fuss was all about with Zanzibar? Everybody seems to be gushing about the glorious beaches and you can’t help but wonder what the big deal is. Well, here are some interesting facts that might give you a bit of an idea why everybody goes slightly bonkers over Zanzibar.
• As beautiful as the islands are and as classy as the hotels and villas are, tourism in Zanzibar only started to be in full operation in 1995. It was only then that Zanzibar Hotels started to showcase their culture, history and unique spices.
• You don’t have to worry about packing winter scarfs and jackets because Zanzibar is hot all through the year. This is a relief for many people who are not friendly towards the winter weather. It also gives people the time to enjoy the sunset in very pleasing and favorable sunny days. The time is also similar to South African time with twelve hours for both night and day.
• If you are a lover of food and ingredients, you will be pleased to know that Zanzibar is the home of spices. It is named the Spice Islands making spices such as nutmeg and cinnamon just to name a few. This is a great place to perfect your cooking skills and get delicious recipes while at it. Yummy!
• Zanzibar has the most exquisite taste in buildings and carved doors. In actual fact, Zanzibar has the highest number of carved doors in the whole of Africa. Different in shape, size and design, these imprinted doors were uniquely crafted to embrace the culture and history of Zanzibar.
• Life must have been horrible without colour television, having to watch everything in black and white was not exciting. That is why Zanzibar took the initiative of becoming the first island to introduce colour television. Everything is a little better when you put some colour to it and this island thought so too.
• Zanzibar gives you the opportunity to choose which island you want to visit. It has many islands at bay, big and small ones. This is primarily good for the benefit of giving tourists the opportunity to enjoy the islands entirely. Some islands have great water activities such as snorkeling and diving. The amount of Zanzibar Packages available currently on the web boggles the mind, it is actually quite affordable if you shop around on various websites.
• You can’t visit Zanzibar and not go to some of the historic buildings they have. The Old Fort and The Old Dispensary are just some of the few buildings you can visit and learn more about the history of Zanzibar. Some of the old buildings they have are still in operation today while some have been turned into museums. It is only when you experience the history of a city or place that you will get better insight about their past.
• Zanzibar International Film Festival is a big celebration that happens in Zanzibar celebrating the life and times of the Zanzibar cultural. This festival is massive throughout the island and it enhances the Zanzibar economy. Awards are given out as a token of appreciation for uplifting the banner high in terms of the culture in the Spice Islands.
Zanzibar continues to rise and lift the Tanzanian flag high. Some things grow better and wiser with time, just like wine. Zanzibar seems to be climbing the ladder of success and prosperity swiftly and it is not long from now that it will be even greater than it currently is.
It all depends on its people, if you love your city or town, you will keep watering it with constant pride, dedication and love. The people of Zanzibar surely love their home so we are waiting for more game changing news from the Spice Islands.
E-Answers provide a wealth of resources for people seeking information about activities, studies, business, entertainment, universities and recreational pastimes. Searching the internet for the right answers to your questions can be a laborious and time consuming task. You can spend hours and hours online looking for answers only to find yourself going round and round in circles, never quite finding the answer to your question. We’ve decided to try and catalogue the information for you in a way which is readily accessible and easy to find. Let’s face it, not all of us are tech savvy and able to use the search engines as well as we would like to. For example, my parents were born long before the information age and the advent of the internet. My mother will often call me to assist her in finding answers online to her searches because it is just way too confusing for her. She starts off looking for the answer to a question online and ends up getting bombarded with so many answers that she ends up feeling completely overwhelmed. And who could blame her for feeling this way, she is not alone. My father on the other hand can barely switch on a computer let alone search online for answers to the questions he may have. Even though he did study at an international university, that was long before the information age where people use computers to search for information that they seek. Its literally been decades since he studied at university and at that time there were definitely no computers being used and the world wide web certainly did not yet exist. The difficulty in finding the correct answers to the questions we have are not limited to older students or seniors.
The are plenty of people at universities and tertiary education facilities that were born into the information age that still find it as daunting to source the correct information and retrieve the answers they are looking for online. Just because you have a personal computer or laptop and have blazing fast DSL, does not not necessarily mean that you don’t find the process of sifting through the wealth of online information and resources challenging. Take for example the story I heard the other day of some German exchange students that were living in Cape Town, South Africa, whilst on an international exchange program. The students were based in Rondebosch, close to the University of Cape Town where they were enrolled for some exchange studies. Anton from Berlin, Greta from Stuttgart and Anna who was born in Hamburg, decided that they would like to spend the Saturday trying one of Cape Town’s extremely popular tourist attractions, shark cage diving. Some consider shark cage diving to be a fun adventure sport, frankly, I thought it was bloody terrifying.
So, like any young tech savvy people, they began search for information and answers online. A quick search using the worlds most popular search engine for the search term “shark cage diving cape town”, delivered over more than one and a half million search results. That is a lot of information for even the youngest and brightest of brains to sift through. The students then spent the next two hours working their way through all of the results looking for what is was that they needed. Not all offers are the same and neither are the prices of the various packages that were on offer. Afetr making several phone calls and checking on the pricing and availability, Greta, Anton and Anna eventually decided on booking an excursion with Apex Shark Expeditions in Gansbaai. The company were helpful with all their questions when they called them and offered a discount to students.
So after a good deal of time spent finding the right online service and the correct answer to their question, the students were satisfied. E-Answers online takes the hard part out of finding the right service by reviewing the best options for you. Please feel free to send us any queries you may have and we would be glad to help you.